Nuclear power plants and beach issues
Today we departed for Fulong Beach at 8:00 AM. The drive took nearly two hours. We arrived at our first stop, a temple situated on a hilltop overlooking the beautiful seascape. After participating in some temple activities, we proceeded to meet with Vice Minister Lai Chien-hsin of the Ministry of Economic Affairs. Listening to this dialogue between ordinary citizens and the government was truly fascinating. The entire controversy stemmed from the government's joint investment with Taipower in the construction of the fourth nuclear power plant, located right next to Fulong Beach, a major tourist attraction in the area. Over the years, the site selection for the nuclear power plant and the reconstruction of the pier have potentially led to beach erosion. I could see that this was a highly controversial topic, as many people here depend on the beach for their livelihood and grew up around it. After the meeting, Secretary-General Ho allowed us to freely explore the beach. I particularly enjoyed the exquisite sandcastles and the azure water. I found Fulong to be a very beautiful place and was very satisfied with the experience.
The Nuclear Power Plant Beach Problem
Today we headed off for Fulong Beach at 8 am. We drove almost 2 hours. We arrived at our first destination, which was the top of a mountain at a temple overlooking the beautiful sea and beach of Fulong. We got to pray at the temple before proceeding to the meeting with the Vice Minister of Economic Affairs, Chien-Hsin Lai. 4. Right next to Fulong Beach, the area's main tourist attraction. Over the years, the location of the nuclear power plant has possibly caused sand erosion. I could tell it was a very heated topic as so many of these people rely on the beach and have grown up around it. After the meeting, Mr. He let us go off and explore the beach with one of the protestors. He showed us around Fulong Beach, and I enjoyed seeing the intricate sand castles there. I could see how the beach was one of Fulong's main attractions. I found Fulong to be a very beautiful place, and I am very satisfied with my experience there.



沒有留言:
張貼留言