2026年7月22日 星期三

王吉娜實習日誌22: 台灣國立博物館

 台灣國立博物館

    今天上午,我們參觀了位於二二八和平紀念公園內的國立台灣博物館。雖然館內很大一部分是自然史展區,但我特別喜歡原住民文化的展覽。令人著迷的是,那種認為萬物一體、環境各要素相互關聯的理念,在許多不同的原住民文化中竟是一脈相承的。我還了解到,歐洲人曾試圖將台灣打造為貿易樞紐,但由於沿海風浪過於洶湧湍急,導致許多船隻在近海沉沒。此外,我還得知台灣棲息著一種源自古生代的稀有深海螺類-「龍宮翁戎螺」(俗稱「龍宮貝」)。 1968年11月,一艘台灣漁船捕獲了全球已知的第四個標本;此後,台灣東北部海域又陸續發現了更多此類海螺。

    當天晚些時候,伊莉莎白(Elizabeth)和我去聽了一場關於桃園河流修復計畫的講座,但我不得不提前離席,趕往越南駐台代表處修改我的旅行簽證——因為此前行程幾經延誤,我即將啟程前往越南。代表處門前排著長隊,好不容易輪到我時,工作人員卻表示無法幫我修改簽證。排在我旁邊的一位女士說她認識能幫忙的人,於是我付給她大約2000元新台幣,請她幫我在隔天辦好新簽證。希望能順利辦成!

The Taiwan National Museum 


    This morning we went to visit the Taiwan National Museum located in the 228 Peace Park. A lot of it was a natural history museum, but I think I really liked the aboriginal exhibitions. It’s just interesting that the concept of oneness and interconnectivity within the entirety of the environment has stayed consistent across so many aboriginal cultures. I also learned that the Europeans had tried to make Taiwan a trading hub, but because the waves were way too strong and turbulent, so many ships sank along the shoreline. I also learned that Taiwan is home to a rare, deep-water sea snail called the slit shell, dating back to the Paleozoic era. In November of 1968, a Taiwanese fishing boat had brought up the 4th specimen ever seen globally, and afterwards many more were discovered on Taiwan’s northeastern coast. 


    Later that day, Elizabeth and I went to a lecture about a river restoration project in Taoyuan, but I had to leave early to go to the Vietnam Embassy to correct my travel visa, as I am traveling to Vietnam in a few days after a few delays. The line for the Vietnamese Embassy was long, and when I finally got to the desk, they said they couldn’t help me correct my visa. A lady in line next to me said she knew someone who could help me, and I paid her around $2,000 NTD to get me a new visa by the next day. Let’s hope it works!

沒有留言:

張貼留言