下雨天!
今今天我準備去新竹。我早上8點到達了高鐵站。到達之後,我才發現自己買錯票了!我原本應該要買一般的台鐵火車票,而不是高鐵票!我甚至不知道台灣東部也有常規的火車(台鐵)。 我迷路了,而且雨越下越大。
我們試著搭計程車,但戶外計程車月台排了大約100個人,等了15分鐘都沒有人等到車, 下雨天沒有車能開進來。我們老闆原本打算讓我們搭另一班火車深入新竹, 但鐵軌被淹水了,讓我們別無選擇只能返回台北。而且因為溝通問題,我們剛好錯過了前一班回台北的火車。今天我學到,即使使用現代翻譯工具,語言障礙還是會對工作產生很大影響!
就在那時,在獲得何秘書長允許後,因為任務已無法完成,我們便決定返回台北。在火車上,我經過了一條完全暴漲高水位的河。隨著我繼續搭火車前行,沿途看到的洪水河流也越來越多。我這輩子從未見過這麼大的雨!雖然下著大雨,但在我短暫停留新竹期間,我依然覺得新竹是個非常美麗的城市。我希望能有朝一日能在沒有下雨的時候再回去,好好盡情探索這座城市。
The Rainy Day!
Today I got up to go to Hsinchu. I arrived at the High-Speed Rail station at 8:00 am. After the ride, I bought tickets for the wrong train! I was supposed to buy regular train tickets instead of high-speed rail tickets!! I didn't even know there was a regular train on the eastern side of Taiwan?! I was very lost, and the rains kept pouring harder and harder. We tried to get a taxi, but none could get through because of the heavy rain—roughly 100 people crowded the Taxi station outside the HSR building. After waiting about 15 minutes, I saw no one at the taxi platform get a car. Our boss wanted us to take another train deeper into Hsinchu, but the tracks were completely flooded, leaving us with no choice but to return to Taipei. We had just missed the previous one due to communication issues. Today I learned just how easily language barriers can impact work even when using modern translation tools. After we got permission from Mr. He to return to Taipei since the mission was now impossible.
On the train back, I passed a river that was completely flooded over. As the train continued along the tracks, I saw even more flooded rivers all the way back to Taipei. Even with the heavy rains, I still found Hsinchu to be a beautiful city. I hope that someday I can go back when it's not raining so I can explore the city to the fullest.


沒有留言:
張貼留言