社運沉澱日
6月27日,TCPA邀請我們參加「社會運動日」活動。這是一項每半年舉辦一次的社交聚會,旨在讓當地的社會活動人士與社區成員建立聯繫,並相互交流、反思各自的行動。活動由「佛教弘誓學院」創辦人釋昭慧法師與TCPA何秘書長共同促成。當天上午,我們開車穿過桃園(Taoyun)的鄉間,前往佛教弘誓學院;部分受邀者獲准在學院宿舍留宿,參加為期兩天一夜的活動。由於我和另一位實習生第二天要參加留學計畫的戶外考察,我們只在周六的第一天參與了活動。我之前從未去過桃園,離開高鐵站時顯然還有點迷路。不過,我剛好在那裡遇到了琳達·阿瑞戈(Linda Arrigo)——原來她是在台灣頗具知名度的美國社會活動家。我們與她交談了許久,我也藉此機會快速了解了台灣自二戰以來的歷史。誠然,台灣的歷史源遠流長,但在了解那段時期的事件時,想到當時發生的某些戰爭罪行,實在令人感到沉重與痛心。
Social Movement Settlement Day
On the 27th of June, TCPA invited us to celebrate Social Movement Day, which is a semi-annual social event used as a way for local activists and community members to connect and reflect on their activities with each other. This is hosted through the efforts of Venerable Shi Zhaohui, the founder of the Buddhist Vows Academy, and TCPA’s Mr. He. That morning, we drove through the countryside of Taoyun to the Buddhist Vows Academy, where some invitees were allowed to stay in the dorms for the two days and one night event. Me and my fellow intern had to go on an excursion with our study abroad program the next day, so we were only there for the first day on Saturday. I had never been to Taoyun, and apparently I had gotten a little lost leaving the high speed rail train station. But there I met Linda Arrigo, who is apparently quite a well-known American activist here in Taiwan. We spoke to her for quite a while, and I got a crash course of Taiwan’s history since World War II. Obviously Taiwan’s history goes much farther back, but learning about the events since then, it was hard to stomach some of the war crimes that happened.
沒有留言:
張貼留言