上班第二天
今天的工作時間比較短,因為何秘書長上午有事要處理。我下午抵達後便開始著手進行我的專案。由於我的專案將涉及動物照護,我首先著手撰寫報告,內容是關於我幾天前在新北市十分的一家咖啡廳所見到的動物們所處的惡劣環境。看到這些動物顯然極度不快樂,我為牠們感到無比難過。 當時我決定拍些照片,這樣今天在辦公室就能向何秘書長描述那裡的情況。同時,我也感到非常難過,因為此刻我實在無能為力,無法為他們做點什麼。在完成這份記錄調查結果的報告後,吉娜和我有機會聆聽台灣動物保護行政監督聯盟創辦人王唯治(現已退休)的分享,並聽取他對這整起事件的看法。他認為我們將這些情況記錄下來非常棒。他在幫助我們理解針對此類事件所制定的舉報政策方面,提供了極大的協助。緊接,我們與珍妮佛討論即將前往貢寮,去了解該地區居民對核電廠所興建重建碼頭導致海灘侵蝕的擔憂後,我非常期待明天能前往福隆親眼看看!當天結束前,珍妮佛還協助我向新北動保處舉報了動物照護不當的情況。
Second Day In The Office!
Today was a shorter day because the boss had a meeting to attend in the morning. I arrived at the office in the afternoon to begin working on my project. Since my project will involve animal care, I began by reporting on the poor conditions I observed animals in at a cafe in Shifen. I felt incredibly sad for these animals, as you can tell by the photos; they were extremely unhappy. I decided to take pictures while I was there so I could tell Mr. He about them in the office today. I also felt so sad that there wasn't anything I could do for them. I began working on a document to report my findings. In the afternoon, Gina and I got the opportunity to speak with Wang Weizhi, the founder of Animal Protection Unit, who is now retired. We got his thoughts on the whole ordeal, and he thought it was good that we documented it. He helped us understand some of the policies in place for reporting incidents like this. Jennifer helped me call the New Taipei Animal Protection hotline that Mr. He told us to report the cafe for inadequate animal care.
Afterward, we discussed our homework from the previous day, which was to read the articles she had sent about Fulong Beach. It was my first time learning about this issue, and from what I gathered, residents' main concern is that the nuclear power plant built near the beach is potentially causing sand erosion, which in turn damages their tourism industry and environment. I am very excited to go to Fulong tomorrow to meet their residents and better understand their opinions on the matter!
沒有留言:
張貼留言