第一天
第一天,我見到了何先生秘書長和珍妮佛‧尼恩,我們開始討論未來的計畫和期望。我們談到我和伊麗莎白需要為最終報告製定計劃,並探討了一些可以深入研究的想法。我說我有很多感興趣的問題,像是食物傾倒、有毒污染、垃圾、難民、糧食主權、氣候變遷和自然災害。我的選擇範圍比較廣,但何先生告訴我,他們最近去了馬祖島,那裡經常有來自中國的垃圾堆積。他們給我看了他們在Facebook上發布的影片和照片,並告訴我他們後來與政府官員討論了解決這個問題的方案。其中一些方案包括敦促中國承擔責任,將部分垃圾運回中國回收,徵收環境稅,以及可能向遊客收取生態保護和垃圾清理維護費。
我們也探討了其他一些想法,例如發展週邊島嶼的旅遊業,以此建立穩定的資金體系,但馬祖市已經有一些措施了。自備水杯和自備便當可以享受10元新台幣的折扣。我和Jennifer就這個問題進行了更深入的討論,開始思考是否該將實習計畫聚焦於此,但我還在考慮。我感覺自己對台灣還有很多需要了解的地方,才能做出最終決定。
The First Day
On my first day I met Mr. He and Jennifer Nien, and we started discussing our future plans and expectations. We went over the fact that me and Elizabeth needed to develop a plan for our final presentation, and we discussed different ideas that we could delve deeper into. I said that I had a number of issues that I was interested in, such as food dumping, toxic pollution, waste, refugees, food sovereignty, climate change, and natural disasters. My choices were a bit broad, but Mr. He said to me they recently went on a trip to the island of Matsu, where waste from China ends up on its shores. They showed me videos and pictures from their Facebook, and told me they later went to public officials to discuss solutions for this issue. Some of them were to encourage China to take some responsibility and return some of the waste back to them for it to be recycled, placing an environmental tax, as well as possibly charging tourists a maintenance fee for ecological conservation and waste clean up efforts.
Other ideas were explored, such as ideas to increase tourism on the surrounding islands to develop a system of stable funds, but Matsu also already had some measures in place. There was a NT$10 discount for bringing your own water cup and a NT$10 discount for bringing your own lunchbox. I talked further with Jennifer about this issue, and I started to wonder if I should focus my internship project on something like this, but I’m still thinking about it. I started to feel like there was a lot more I needed to learn about Taiwan before I felt like I could make a decision.
沒有留言:
張貼留言