2026年7月1日 星期三

費伊儷實習日誌07: 台灣法治之地!

台灣法治之地

    今天讓我對台灣的法治有了更深刻的體悟。吉娜和我有幸拜會了備受敬重的人權律師蕭逸民,共同商討專案計畫。我們有幸旁聽了他與家屬的會面這家屬的兒子在2023年場發生於校園的無端持刀襲擊事件中不幸身亡。聆聽家屬敘述他們的處境,以及他們如何感到受到司法體系的冤枉時,我內心深感悲傷。我們從中深入了解台灣法律的運作機制,以及這位家屬接下來該如何行動。我們深入了解了台灣法律的運作方式,以及這家人接下來該採取哪些步驟。午餐時,我們去了附近家包子店,隨後回到辦公室進步討論我們對這起案件的看法。蕭先生非常親切,提供了許多我認為很有幫助的見解。之後,我們參觀了高等法院和民事法院,但由於不被允許參加隨後的非公開會議,便被送回家了。

Taiwan Law

    Today was a very insightful day for me in understanding how law operates in Taiwan. Gina and I met the esteemed human rights lawyer Xiao Yimin to discuss project plans and learn about the Victim Protection Unit he works for. We got to sit in on his meeting with the family who lost their son in a senseless stabbing at school in 2023. It was very intense and emotional, and I felt immense pain and sympathy for the family and their anger towards the legal system that played a part in their son's death and has unfairly treated them post their son's death and given leniency to his ruthless killer. I am grateful to the family for letting me listen in on their private meeting with Mr. Xiao. I learned a lot about how Taiwan's imprisonment laws work and what the next steps are for this family. For lunch, we went to a nearby famous bao place, then returned to the office to discuss our thoughts on the situation further. Mr. Xiao was very kind and shared his insights with me. Afterward, we toured the high court and the lower civil courts, but went home after being denied entry to a private meeting.

沒有留言:

張貼留言