思考該項目與旁聽法庭案件
今天我們整天都待在辦公室,還就實習計畫開了一次會。我至今還在琢磨自己到底該選什麼項目,這讓我自己都感到有些意外——畢竟我當初申請海外實習時是帶著明確目標的,本以為一到這裡就能迅速上手開展工作。但我意識到,之所以遲遲無法下定決心,正是因為在這裡有了新的經驗:結識新朋友、深入了解台灣,這些都促使我重新審視自己。我遇過那些畢生致力於某項事業的人,也見過因相關議題而深受其苦的人。我突然明白,出於對這裡人們熱忱款待的尊重,也為了那些向我展示了何為「熱忱精神」的人,我希望能正視台灣這片土地上種種議題的分量與意義。
那天晚些時候,辦公室裡沒什麼要緊事,於是我問 Jennifer 能不能去台灣台北地方法院旁聽庭審。邵先生昨天向我們介紹過情況,並希望我們能去旁聽一次庭審,但由於溝通上的誤會,昨天沒能成行。我想既然如此,不如今天就把這事辦了,於是我們坐公車去了法院,旁聽了一場關於偽造文書罪的庭審。庭審內容我們大多聽不懂,現場也不允許使用手機翻譯或拍照。我唯一能聽懂的細節是,這起案件似乎與 LINE 軟體及二維碼有關。
Thinking About the Project & Listening to a Court Case
Today we were in the office the whole day, and we had another meeting about our internship project. I’m still thinking about what my project should be, which I’m surprised by because I did apply for an internship abroad with a specific intention, and I thought that when I came here I would hit the ground running. But I think the reason why I’m hesitating to make a decision is precisely because of my new experiences here, where meeting new people and learning about Taiwan made me reevaluate myself. I’ve met people who’ve spent their whole lives dedicating themselves to a cause, or those who have suffered deeply because of these issues. It dawned on me that I wanted to acknowledge the gravity of Taiwan, out of respect for the hospitality that was shown towards me, and to the people who showed me what it means to have a passionate spirit.
Later that day, there wasn’t much to do in the office, so I asked Jennifer if I could listen to a court case in the Taiwan Taipei District Court. Mr. Hsiao showed it to us yesterday and told us he wanted us to listen in to one of the hearings, but there was confusion and we didn’t manage to do it yesterday. I thought that we might as well get it done today, so we took the bus and sat in a counterfeit document hearing. We couldn’t understand most of it, and we weren’t allowed to use our phones to translate or take photos. The only thing I could make out was that it was something about LINE and a QR code.
沒有留言:
張貼留言