民主日
今天我們有幸和蕭律師共度了一天!上午,他給我們講解了一些案例,並引導我們思考非政府組織和社會團體應該如何更好地吸引成員。之後,我們去吃了午飯,蕭律師請我們去了一家很棒的平價泰式餐廳。午餐後,我們前往民主學校開會。我覺得這個組織很有意思,氣氛輕鬆愉快。回想起蕭律師之前談到的如何吸引員工,我覺得民主學校正是這些特質的體現。一位成員可以帶孩子上班,我覺得這真是太好了。很多時候,母親們必須在工作和孩子之間做出選擇,所以看到一個允許帶孩子的工作場所,感覺很不一樣。我覺得討論本身也很有意思,因為每個成員的背景都很獨特。我們的大部分討論都圍繞著台灣的歷史運動以及中國未來的發展趨勢。
Democracy Day!
Today we got to spend a day with Mr. Xiao! In the morning, he briefed us on several cases and prompted us to consider what NGOs and social organizations should do to appeal to their members. Afterward, we headed to lunch, where Mr. Xiao treated us to a wonderful, cheap Thai restaurant. After lunch, we headed to the School of Democracy for a meeting. I found the organization very interesting, and I liked the relaxed atmosphere. Thinking back to Mr.Xiao talking about ways to appeal to employees, I think the democracy school exemplified these traits. One of the members got to bring her baby into work, which I thought was a wonderful thing to be able to do. So many times mothers are forced to choose between their workplace and their children, so seeing a workplace that also allowed children was refreshing. I thought that the discussions themselves were also interesting, as everyone who worked there had such a unique background. Most of our discussion concerned historical movements in Taiwan and what could happen with China.
沒有留言:
張貼留言