關於保護外國人權利的研討會
今天,我們隨同蕭律師參加了2026年涉外案件中外國人權利保護研討會,這是我們上週就報名參加的活動。研討會地點位於院長大樓隔壁的建築內,每次經過那棟院長大樓,我都覺得它特別酷。午餐前的兩場講座分別探討了協助洗錢案的案例研究以及「作為刑事處罰手段的驅逐出境」議題。第一個議題相當引人入勝:我過去往往不認為洗錢是外國人常遇到的問題,但實際上,外國人更容易成為目標,因為他們往往缺乏足夠的語言能力來識破騙局。關於驅逐出境的討論也讓我深感興趣。人們通常將驅逐出境視為一種輕微的治安措施,但它實際上可能徹底顛覆一個人的生活。演講者將其描述為一種隔離手段,而非旨在矯正或改造的措施,這觀點深深打動了我。午餐後,我們聆聽了麥基爾大學法學院的弗朗索瓦·克雷波(François Crépeau)教授的演講。他探討了人權與人口流動的問題,並就如何更好地在國際層面管理人口流動提出了建議,包括:發展並加強勞工移民機制,確保身份轉換過程的公平性;告知移民其權利與義務,使其免受專斷行為的威脅;以及借鑒美國的身份合法化(regularization)項目等。這一天,我深入了解了台灣地區關於人口流動問題的相關情況,收穫豐富。
Seminar on Protection of Foreigners Rights
Today we got to join Mr. Xiao at the 2026 Seminar on the Protection of Foreigners' Rights in Cases Involving Foreign Elements, which we had registered for the week before. The seminar was held in the building next to the president's building, which I always think is cool to walk past. The first two presentations before lunch were about Case studies on aiding money laundering and deportation as a criminal act. The first one was quite interesting, since I often don't think of money laundering as something that happens to many foreigners, but foreigners tend to be better targets, since they often don't have as advanced language skills to recognize a scam. I also found the idea that they were talking about deportation very interesting. Often, deportation is considered a minor/light security measure, but it can completely uproot life. He described it as an act of isolation rather than correction or rehabilitation, which really resonated with me. After lunch, we got to listen to François Crépeau from the Faculty of Law at McGill University. He spoke on the issues of human rights and mobility. Offering his own suggestions for better international handling of movement is to develop and strengthen labor migration and implement fair transitions between statuses. Inform them of their rights and obligations, without fear of arbitrary action. There is also the suggestion to reform regularization programs. I had a great day of learning about these types of issues in Taiwan since I had never heard about them in Taiwan specifically.
沒有留言:
張貼留言