捕熊夾與辦公室工作
今天我們在辦公室待了半天,另一半時間則在新北市議會參加了一場關於非法獵具山豬吊的會議。在辦公室裡,我們與何秘書長會面,他將與我們討論專案計畫。我決定將我的期末專題報告與簡報內容定為比較與對照三家動物咖啡廳,並針對這些店家提出建議,以及探討應修改哪些法規。之後,多虧了(Healthy Box) 的珍妮佛,我們享用了一頓美味的午餐,隨後便前往新北市議會。所有成員都很友善,我們互相做了自我介紹。問題在於慘忍山豬吊陷阱有違動物倫理,但政府卻未妥善移除這些陷阱。一旦野豬破壞農田,政府的補償卻遠遠不足,這意味著會有更多動物因這種做法而面臨死亡風險。我覺得這是一個相當有趣的議題,也因此認識了台灣穿山甲,它現在成了我最喜歡的動物。一想到這些可憐的生物被困在那些陷阱裡,我就感到非常難過。
Bear traps and office work!
Today we spent half the day in the office and the other half at a meeting regarding boar trapping at the New Taipei City Council. At the office, we met with Mr. He, who will discuss our project plans. I decided to make my final project and presentation about comparing and contrasting three animal cafes, what I would suggest for them, and what legislation should change. After that, we got a nice lunch thanks to Jennifer from Healthy Box, then headed out to the New Taipei City Council. All the members were very nice, and we introduced ourselves. The problem is that boar traps are unethical, yet the government has not properly removed them. Once boars ruin farms, there is inadequate government compensation, which means more animals are at risk of dying from this practice. I thought this was quite an interesting issue, and I learned about the Taiwan Pangolin, which is now my new favorite animal. I'm very sad imagining these poor creatures getting trapped in those traps.
沒有留言:
張貼留言