2026年7月20日 星期一

費伊儷實習日誌19: 史上最糟糕的農場?

史上最糟糕的農場?

今天在桃園市郊的大溪區度過了非常難忘的一天。何秘書長的學生帶我去參觀了一個鄰近的“農場”,其實更像是一個圍場,裡面養著各種各樣的動物。第一次看到那裡,我就明白何秘書長為什麼想讓我去。那裡的環境實在糟糕。圍場裡有一匹小馬、四隻山羊、一隻鹿、許多雞和鵝。我發現它們的生存狀況都很差。那隻鹿看起來狀態最好,但它孤零零的。鹿是群居動物,卻沒有其他同伴。雞和鴨似乎大多都能自食其力,所以我並不太擔心它們,但山羊們都瘦得皮包骨。小馬也很瘦,但我最擔心的是它背上的皮膚狀況,以及它對人的恐懼。把這麼多動物養在這麼小的空間裡,不利於它們的生活質量,得知照顧它們的人有錢給它們更好的生活,我感到很難過。參觀完那個條件很差的農場後,碧娥姐帶我去了一家很棒的咖啡館,我在那裡喝了一杯美味的桃子冰沙。之後,她又帶我去了另一個地方,一個她之前都沒帶何秘書長去過的地方。那是一個很棒的咖啡館兼探險公園,位於深山之中。那裡有雞和豬在四處走動,你可以餵牠們。它們看起來都得到了很好的照顧,至少比我之前參觀的農場好多了。餵雞的時候,我還被一頭豬咬了,它悄悄地從後面咬了我一口。雖然咬得不重,但還是挺疼的。我之前不知道它們的下顎這麼有力。帶我參觀完之後,她又帶我去了山上的湖邊,但是因為開始下大雨,我們沒辦法下車遊覽。之後,愛玲帶我看了她的家,還有她可愛的貓、狗和花園。一天結束時,我搭乘巴士和捷運,花了1小時30分鐘返回台北。非常感謝碧娥姐讓我度過了美好的一天。

 The Worst Farm Ever?   
    Today was a very adventurous day in the Daxi district outside of Taipei. Mr. He’s student took me to visit a neighboring “farm,” which was more like a paddock filled with all sorts of animals. After seeing it for the first time, I could tell why Mr. He wanted me to visit. It was quite abominable conditions. The paddock itself had a miniature horse, 4 goats, 1 deer, many chickens, and geese. I found their conditions to all be quite poor. The deer looked to be in the best condition; however, she was all alone. No other deer friends when deer are herd animals. The chickens and ducks seemed to be able to fend for themselves mostly. So I wasn’t as worried about them, but the goats were extremely thin. The pony was also thin, but mainly the greatest concern was his skin condition on his back and how scared he was of people. Having that many animals in such a small space is not conducive to a good quality of life, and I was sad to learn that the man who takes care of them has the money to give them a better life. After visiting the poor-quality farm, Ailing took me to a wonderful cafe where I had an amazing peach smoothie. Afterward, she took me to another place that she hadn’t even shown Mr. He. A wonderful cafe and adventure park deep into the mountains. Chickens and pigs were roaming around that you could feed. They seemed to be mostly taken care of, at least a lot better than the farm I visited.
    I also ended up getting bitten by a pig when I was feeding the chickens, and the pig snuck up behind and bit me. It wasn’t a very bad bite, but it was quite painful. I didn’t realize they had such powerful jaws. After she showed me around, she took me to the mountain lake, but because it was starting to rain so hard, we weren’t able to leave the car to look around. Afterward, Ailing showed me her home and her wonderful cat, dog, and garden. At the end of the day, I journeyed back to Taipei on a 1-hour-and-30-minute bus-and-MRT ride. I am very grateful for Ailing treating me to a wonderful day.

沒有留言:

張貼留言